Foreign Encounters Anthology
Call for Submissions - Short Stories, Non-Fiction Articles and Poetry.
Organised by expat writers group - Writers Abroad
Writers Abroad will be publishing their third Anthology entitled ‘Foreign Encounters’.
We are seeking submissions of short stories and non-fiction pieces and poetry on the general theme of relationships around the world. The anthology will be print published and later available as an e-book.
This year Writers Abroad will be donating all profits made to charity, Books Abroad. Books Abroad believes that education is required to solve the world's problems and is therefore helping educate school children worldwide by providing free, carefully chosen school books. Books Abroad is currently working in 84 countries and serving 977 educational establishments. This includes Africa, Asia, Central & Southern America, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
Author, Julia Gregson, whose best-selling novel 'East of the Sun' won the prestigious Prince Maurice Prize, will be writing the foreword.
To see our previous Anthologies (2010 & 2011) please visit WritersAbroad
Title: Foreign Encounters (Genre: Short Stories and Non-Fiction and Poetry)
Theme: Relationships around the world. Your short story, non-fiction piece or poem can encompass people, animals and places. An encounter or alliance, a connection or kinship, love or liaison written from an ex-pat view point.
Contributions: Expat or former ex-pat writers, or those writers who are living outside the country of their birth.
Word Count: Fiction – up to 1700 words (flash fiction is welcome) Non-Fiction – up to 1000 words. Maximum of 30 lines for poetry.
Submission and Entry Rules - please read carefully as submissions may be rejected if they don't comply
- All submissions must be previously unpublished either in print or on-line.
- Submissions from ex-pats or former ex-pats only.
- Submissions should be received by midnight July 31st 2012.
- Submissions must be in English
- References to pornography or racism will not be accepted
- Manuscripts must be submitted via the link to Submittable at Writers Abroad
- The approximate word count should be inserted at the end of the submission
- Author name and title of the story or non-fiction piece should be placed in the left header of the document and page numbers in the right footer
- Manuscripts should be presented with double spacing and Times New Roman Font size 12.
- Queries only can be made via the contact button on the Submissions page
- Entries are free, only one entry per author, plus a short bio of 30 words at the end of each submission would be appreciated.
- Successful authors will be informed within two weeks after the closing date
- It will not be possible to provide feedback on submissions but successful stories may be edited and authors may be required to undertake minor changes for publication purposes
- Copyright will remain with the author and the stories will be published in an anthology in a number of formats.
- All proceeds from publication will be donated to the chosen charity.
- All entrants must be over 18.